Saturday, August 25, 2007

The upgrade path begins

Last night I went to the first of 12 weeks of the standard license upgrade course. This is targeted at foundation license holders, enabling them to use higher power, more frequencies, more modes (digital etc...)
Considering it took me 35 years to get my basic license, 2 years between getting that far and upgrading to the next level is pretty good for me. One day I may even finish the upgrade off and get my advanced. One thing at a time.
We covered basic electricity fundamentals, ohm's law, resistors in series, in parallel, series/parallel combinations. Fortunately (for me anyway), the parallel combinations are all using the same value resistors, this makes it much easier to calculate the end value.

1 comment:

Swampy said...

Now you have blown it - they will change the values of the resistors and make it harder for everyone else!