Saturday, September 29, 2007

Half way there.

Week 6 of the Standard license upgrade course is over, this week we started with a 50 question test of the last 5 weeks work. I was quite happy with my result, more than enough to get a pass. Now we started putting it all together, with transmitters the first cab of the rank. Basic CW, then AM, SSB and finally FM designs, the basic features of each (both positive and negative). Soon I should be starting to think about what callsign I want when I pass. VK7HCH is a strong possibility, I always wanted VK7NBL because to me it spelt No Bloody License. But as the standard syllabus is different from an old novice one, I feel a bit funny about taking an N call as I do not have the 5wpm morse that was needed to get that call originally. I will probably take the H call, being the equivilent of Novice Limited (Novice with no morse).
But I still have to pass the exams, lets not get too cocky.

No comments: